Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There's a feeling in the air...

..that tells us Thankgiving it just a few weeks away and that means Christmas is right around the corner.

{Did you let out a collective ugh?!}

Well today Designer Patti Milazzo has a Christmas card and gift tag that would be easy to recreate and make several of.

Designer Lindsay Wahl made a special keepsake that would be an ideal present for a grandparent, teacher idea with all the students hands, childcare provider...we are certain you will agree!!



 Christmas Card & Gift Tag
Designer: Patti Milazzo


Supplies:
 
Glue Arts: 
Glue Glider Pro with 
1/4 Perma Tac Cartridge Refill - Pro
Mini Adhesive Squares
Adhesive Squares
3D Combo Pac – U Cut It 
Spooled Ribbon Adhesive

Other: May Arts Ribbon



Instructions:
1. Create a 3” x 5” tag from red pattern paper. Cut 16” of green ribbon and apply Ribbon Adhesive to the inside center 10” of the length. Wrap around tag from top to bottom, leaving a few inches on either end at the top of the tag.

2. Tie the top of the tag with a 5” piece of white ribbon. Secure knot by tucking a Mini Adhesive Square into the folds of the knot.
3. Next, create a 5” x 7” card and attach the ribbon to the card front using Ribbon Adhesive. For the card, I tied a simple knot near the left side.
4. Cut 2 journal shapes from brown pattern paper and adhere one to the front of the tag (on top of the ribbon) using Adhesive Squares and on the card, one to the right of the knot.

5. Create layered scalloped circle accents and apply pieces of the U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam to the back of each.

Note: The accent is a 2” circle and a 2.5” circle trimmed with scallop edge scissors, then stitched by machine. The tree is made with punches and coated with glitter glue.





 6. To pleat the blue ribbon behind the scalloped accents, apply Ribbon Adhesive to the back and front of one edge of the ribbon. Then pleat the ribbon and press to the back of each circle as you work along the ribbon length. Once the pleating is complete, peel the U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam backing off of the accents and apply the accents to the tag and to the card.








Grow Wall Hanging
Designer:  Lindsay Wahl


Supplies:
Adhesive: GlueArts Glue Gun, GlueArts Glue Glider Pro Fabric Bond
Ribbon: May Arts
Buttons: Bo Bunny
Denim Fabric: Joann
Fabric Paint: Tulip
Stamps: Making Memories
Other: 12” wooden dowel, iron, scissors, fabric marker



Instructions:
1. Cut natural denim fabric into a piece measuring 12”x 13”. Stamp hands and let dry overnight.
2. Turn fabric over and run a line of Fabric Bond about 1” from the top of fabric. Lay dowel directly above adhesive and fold over the fabric to create a pocket that holds the wooden dowel in place.
3. Adhere pink ribbon to either end of the pocket where the dowel is. This ribbon will allow the fabric to hang. After knotting the ribbon, I added a decorative bow over the knot. I used the Glue Gun to permanently set the bow onto the ribbon. Turn fabric back to decorated side.
4. Trim and adhere stems to flowers using Fabric Bond cartridge. Cut rosettes from ribbon and adhere with Fabric Bond. Add stems.
5. Adhere ribbon on either side of wall hanging using Fabric Bond cartridge. Adhere ribbon on top and bottom of wall hanging in the same manner.
6. Iron the wall hanging anywhere that Fabric Bond was used. This will permanently set the adhesive.
7. Stamp “grow” onto the fabric. I used a fabric marker on the stamps.
8. Use the Glue Gun to add buttons and small bows at the base of the rosettes. I also added some glue to the pink ribbon on either side of the dowel pocket that holds the entire weight of the wall hanging.





So how can we help you recreate some of these beautiful projects you've seen today? Simple...just leave a comment on today's post. 


We'll enter you to win these beautiful holiday ribbon spools from May Arts....and to sweeten the deal, how about some of our Glue Arts products. After all the two together are a must when creating projects! We'll pick a winner who will receive 
a Glue Glider Pro, our 3D Combo Pac, our Extreme Adhesive Squares and our Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun(not shown). Simple leave a comment to enter to win!


For more chances to win and more project ideas using Glue Arts and May Arts Ribbons...be sure to visit the May Arts blog all week long! And we have a few surprises up our sleeve this week...so you'll want to check in every day both here and on the May Arts blog too!! If you have not signed up to subscribe to our blog...today is the perfect time so you won't miss a day or a chance to win!  You might be the lucky winner for doing so!



Last for today we need to announce our winners...yes winners of those who made a video for our Vote for Glue Arts campaign last week!! Both Patty Beckle and Erika Seever made us videos so guess what...you are BOTH winners!!! Please email us at Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your info!!! And thanks for the videos!! 

76 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute..you are so smart..can I come and scrap with you one day and absorb all your scrapping intellect..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are GREAT!!!

    Thanks so much! I'm so excited!!! Congrats to Patty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my it is time to start working on Christmas cards. Thanks for a the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try the look of that blue ribbon behind the scalloped accent. I adore that look! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love today's projects!

    I'm so glad you guys have these step-by-step instructions! I've been fighting with pleated ribbons for a while and I never thought to add adhesive to BOTH front and back - duh! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pleated ribbons thanks for the great instructions & the fanstastic prizes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the tag! I'm going to have to get some of that ribbon adhesive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea with the handprint! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found the ribbon adhesive locally and thought ok I'll give it a trying. I hadn't even looked to see who made it. I have continually had a problem adhering ribbon to cards and paper. Oh is this product an answer to prayer! Then I thought I am going to see who makes this. To my surprise it was Glue Arts. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. like the step by step--But if you are asking---I prefer video instructions

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project and thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of creativity here! Love the team May Arts and Glue Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have been wanting to know how to go around a circle with ribbon for a long time, and the steps you showed make it click for me. I love all the projects, and thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks you for all the detailed instruction on making those ruffles on the circle. It is quite a task but looks easy with the glue arts adhesive.

    Thanks for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the projects are awesome but the wall hanging really caught my eye!I love that wall hanging! I am going to do that for the grandparents for Christmas from my children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo hoo you are just the best, great projects.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those really are some beautiful ribbons and projects. My wish list continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these projects, they're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas, I think I need to use more ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The tags are adorable! Would love to win this fantastic prize pack!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you used the ribbon and all the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love today's projects! Thanks you for the great instructions to make the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously...Patti's projects are always so amazing..makes me proud to be a Patty. Now if I could have a 10th of her talent...LOL

    Thanks so much for making both Erika and I winners. Loved your video with your puppy Erika...this is so fun. Thank you GlueArts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Christmas Card and the Tag are wonderful! What a clever idea with the pleated ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait to try the pleated blue ribbon look! So cute. I just got the ribbon adhesive and havnen't used it yet. Can't wait to get on it! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic projects again girls!!! Love the inspirations and congrats to the winners of the video contest!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aweseome projects, as always! Would love to try my hand at some of these cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another wonderful bunch of projects!
    Congrats to the video winners.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for showing how to pleat the ribbon! I needed those instructions! Wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous projects! I love how you used the ribbon in such clever ways!

    Carol B

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great projects and thanks for the instructions, especially the ruffled look. I am so in LOVE with this blog and Glue Glidder Pro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the ribbon folding instructions. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for all these wonderful ideas and teaming up with all these companies!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great projects! Love the bunched up ribbon and the adhesive makes it look sooo easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome projects & tips! Thanks so much!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  36. absolutely love the gorgeous tag - and thank you for all the photos with the instructions! Very clear and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Tips and great projects! Thank you Glue Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like that we get the directions to make every project you show on your site. These projects are wonderful. I love that bunched up ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great projects! I appreciate the step-by-step instructions. Thanks the the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So cute, love the card, tag and the handprint project!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks Glue Arts for the projects and giveaway. Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the pleated ribbon and now I know how to do it thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable projects. Love the blue ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really love those tags. I have to make a "gift card" card for a challenge and I'm going to slip one of those tags in there instead.Thanks for the awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love these projects! I think I am gonna make a similar tag!! I need some of that adhesive. Thanks for inspiring and a chance to win!!

    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great projects today. I love the pleated ribbon flowers, so pretty Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  47. thanks for thinking of us! I've always loved ruffled ribbon..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great card, tag and wall hanging projects today. I'm anxious to get some of the Ribbon Adhesive to try out. The May Arts ribbons are scrumptious!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  49. The pleated ribbon tag just really
    caught my eye. I love the colors
    used. Great inspiration!

    bbuss
    buss@ncn.net

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such awesome projects, great job!! Such Talent!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my! The pleated ribbon behind the stamped image is something I am going to try now. Thanks for the inspiring creations! I love learning new techniques.
    Melissa S

    ReplyDelete
  52. I lovvvve that Grow hanging and totally am going to do that for my Mother In Law for a Christmas gift! It's just perfect! Thanks for the fun inspiration, all the tags and projects are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great projects. Love all the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the card and tag. Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  55. again some great projects there.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love that ribbon on the card and gift tag!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Cute card and tag. I have not tried pleating ribbon, I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great job on the pleating of the ribbon looks like this tape help alot. I would love the Glue Glider Pro and other prizes ( hope it include some of the tape you used
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesignsATyahooDOTocm
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Gorgeous projects! I'm so glad you added the step-by-steps.... I've always been intimidated by pleated ribbons, now I want to give it a whirl!

    Thank you so much for the chance to win!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really like the hand print hanging. It makes me wish I were closer to my nieces and nephew!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Such pretty projects! Thanks for the chance to win these fantastic supplies.

    the.k.krew (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love today's project. Thank you for the step by step instructions. Glue Arts and May Arts...what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh I hope I find a way to get my grandkids handprints without their mommy knowing, would love to surprise her with this = thanks for such inspiring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  64. the handprint idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love the ribbon borders on the round dies. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas with us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the step by step tutorial on how to do the ribbon behind the Christmas tree and love how you do the ribbon and sweing to make the flower. So Cute.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the instructions on how to pleat a ribbon to add to a project. Thanks for sharing.

    Hazel (hdhall6002 at sbcglobal dot net)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Another set of fab projects:) LOOOOOOOVE that ribbon in the second project! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete