Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Ribbon Wreaths and Rosette Headbands!!

Make for perfect gift giving ideas and home decor!!

All this week we have been showcasing beautiful ways to use May Arts  Ribbons. And when you have a gorgeous pile of their ribbons at your fingertips... it truly inspires you as a crafter and Designer to make something outstanding.

Outstanding is the perfect word to describe the projects and crafts we have shared this week. We hope you agree!! Today is our final day and we're going out with a bang!

Designer Carole Janson made a sweet ribbon wreath to coordinate with her daughter's bedding. {how perfect is that?!!} This wreath would be darling made in traditional Christmas colors too!

Designer Michelle Lanning made ribbon rosettes that she ever so smartly used velcro so that the rosettes can be changed out to match a certain outfit!





Decorative Wreath
Designer: Carole Janson


Supplies: 

White Wreath about 20 to 25 cm in diameter.
Glue Arts Fabric Bond
Glue Arts Glue Gun
Glue Arts Glue Gun Glues
Maya Roads Ribbon


Step 1:
 Using a ruler measure out 15 Inches of Ribbon.

Step 2:
 Using a Wreath about 20 to 25 cm in diameter, mine is white in color then tie the ribbons one by one around the wreath, to make sure the ribbon stays in position use your Glue Arts Glue Gun to glue into place.



Step 3:
 To create the Big Bow, cut out a pieces of Ribbon 30 Inches long and tie into a Bow, for the middle of the bow, use a coordinating piece of ribbon, about 2 inches long, and wrap around the center, then stick the ribbon into place with the Fabric Bond and then iron into place, and stick to the wreath with the Glue Arts Glue Gun.

Step 4:
 You can add extra pieces of ribbon where needed to fill in the caps on the wreath

Step 5:
 Here is your finished Decorative Wreath, something a little special. 
The Decorative Wreath coordinated so well with Sarah's Bedroom Quilt it looks like it was made for it lol !! lets just say she loves it.







Headband Rosettes
Designer: Michelle Lanning


Supplies:

headband
May Arts ribbon
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
Velcro



Designer Into: I used the May Arts ribbon to make some holiday themed rosettes. I decided to make a Christmas one, and a more Fall themed one, but really can be worn through the year.

I used my Glue Arts hot glue gun for the entire project.

After I wrapped a headband in May Arts ribbon, I glued the 2 rosettes and bow onto a piece of felt. I then added some velcro the back of the felt, as well as to the headband.
Make sure to glue the velcro on both the headband and the felt at equidistant spots so when you attach it, it will meet up exactly.
After it is dried (which is quickly), simply attach.
I did the same thing for the Fall inspired rosette set. Make note of which side you need for the velcro so it sticks.
Really, I can't wait to put more color combos together! It is so quick and easy - and really cute:)




So tell us...how have you enjoyed this week that we've shared with May Arts??? 


We hope you have found many new ideas and gifts that you can incorporate into your plans for the upcoming holidays! To help you...let's get you pointed in the right direction so you have a chance to win some of these ribbons.


Leave a comment here on the blog...you'll be entered to win these beautiful holiday ribbons from May Arts... and we have to include some of our outstanding Glue Arts products!! So not only will you win those beautiful ribbons....you'll win
A Glue Glider Pro filled with our Perma Tac, our 3D Combo Pac AND our Extreme Adhesive Squares. Oh and what the heck...our Ribbon Adhesive too! 

And for an additional chance to win....go to the May Arts Facebook page and tell them a great big HI from Glue Arts. If you're not a Fan...then please like them...we definitely think they're likeable!!

So get busy commenting, posting a friendly hello and you know while you're saying hi at the May Arts site...come say hi at our Glue Arts page...you just never know what we might have up our sleeve!!    
   
We'll announce the blog winners here on Monday so be sure to join us then!!!

83 comments:

  1. Cutness! The DT seriously rocks out every assignment they receive! love the combo of glue arts and may arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rosettes look great! what a great grouping of gifts for your drawing. good luck to everyone. stamping sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning new techniques, thanks for showing us them. Thanks for the opportunity to win some supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love the wreath. So pretty!!! And the rosettes, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Design Team...these are just stunning!!!! That wreath rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks fot the chance to win!!!
    Awesome!!!!
    kisses
    Rosana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love ribbon, so I have really enjoyed seeing all of the cool projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed all the wonderful creations and inspiration immensely! The May Arts ribbon looks so vivid and beautiful, I am going to have to purchase some right away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great projects! the wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable wreath and simple to complete..I think I will make one for my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these projects!! My favorite is the wreath, I would love to make one of those :)

    Thanks for a great week!

    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the projects!! Loved the bright fun colors on the wreath, the gift box looks perfect for holidays and the rosettes are so neat and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both the wreath and headband are adorable. I love the idea of using velcro. A great idea so you could change colors whenever you feel the need.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have enjoyed all the projects this week! The ribbon roses today are wonderful! Thanks for all the great ideas, and a chance to win some awesome products!(i'm hoping for the ribbon adhesive and glue glider!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the rosettes! I really have to learn to use a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wreath!! The headbands are so cute, if only I could master making the rosettes! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful wreath! Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to try making headbands in the worst way! I think that I *need* this May Arts ribbon ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I Love the idea of putting velcro awesome!!

    I would love some of that great extreme adhesive squares I (((heart)) them!! Got a sample at a Scrap Pink Breast cancer fundraiser last month I attended and I love them!!

    Pick me pick me!!! Heehee thanks for the chance to win all this yummy product!

    Have a great weekend!

    -christine
    serenityinhim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh.....I love these. Thanks for all the wonderful projects and the step by step instructions. I am certaintly getting started on holiday gifts this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The wreath is such a cute idea! I think I'm going to make one for my 4 year-old...she'll LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's been a great week!

    Great projects and instructions!

    TFS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for a chance to win a fabulous prize! Great ideas here all week long... love the rosettes on the headband and the wreath!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wreath is a cute way to make use of some of my ribbon stash. Love the ribbon and button flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the wreath, what a greal project

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what pretty stufff, the wreath is beutiful and i love the headband, love the roses... what a great giveaway...thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok...so I LOVE that pink bow on the wreath! That headband is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have so enjoyed this week! The DT made some awesome, inspiring projests!

    Carol B

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these projects (as usual!) Way to go, glue girls!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So so beautiful and those headbands will definitely be a hit in my house.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE these projects, especially the headbands! I'm definitely going to be making some of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many awesome projects! This has been another amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your DT is the best - they take every challenge you give them and put it over the top! Thanks for a great week of inspiration with May & Glue Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have to say that I learned alot of new ways to use Ribbon... which I definitely need help with. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have been enjoying all of the amazing projects that your design team has come up with all week. So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have been loving your connection with May Arts this week. Thanks for sharing the projects. The wreath is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Freebie Friday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love love love that headband 0 it is so cute! And as for the wreath - I think I could even do that! :)

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  39. More cute ideas from Glue Arts. I like that wreath, I may have to make one up and you could obviously change it to make it work for any holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful projects!! I HAVE to make that wreath!! Wow!! Gorgeous!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those projects are so beautiful! Who knew ribbon can be so versatile.

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOVED the creations!!! Left May Arts a big Hi from Glue Arts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the ribbon on the package! And the ribbon wreath is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love May Arts ribbons! These projects were really cute. Thanks for the chance to win!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great projects! i really love the wreath

    ReplyDelete
  46. That wreath is so cute. Love it. I also like the wrapped present with the ribbons. Thanks for a fun filled week with May Arts ribbons. And Thanks for a fun chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  47. That wreathe rocks and looks very doable! Cue flowers on the headband. Thank you for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the wreath and thank you for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the rosette headbands. So cute and colorful. All the ideas have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the headbands there great. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love all the fun projects!! Awesome prize package..thanks for the chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love using ribbon on my projects, so thanks for
    the great ideas!! I would love to win some new
    ribbon also...Thanks!!

    BethBuss buss@ncn.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've really enjoyed this week! Thanks for sharing all these fun projects! So many creative ideas! Thank you for the chance to win this generous giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great week of projects. TFS and offering a chance to win such totally awesome blog candy.

    cureta2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. These projects have been fantastic! I don't know where to start my weekend crafting - the ribbon wreath? headbands? Maybe wrp that birthday present???

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great project idea! Thank you for the chance at winning the great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love, love it all! This week has been amazing! Thanks for showing us all your wonderful talents!

    ReplyDelete
  58. ALL of the projects this week have been FANTASTIC!!!! Kudos to all of your designers :) I mean, May Arts and Glue Arts together, how can you go wrong, LOL! I think the one that sticks out in my mind the most is the T-Shirt... or the Apron. Both were super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. love the rosettes, the yellow and orange together - great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  60. This has been a fantastic week. I'm beginning to think nothing goes together better than Glue Arts and May Arts. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would love to make the wreath for my daughter's room for her for Christmas. She has been having a hard time in school with bullies, so want to do lots of fun things for her!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very cute projects! Love the color combo on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the ribbon wreath. I have been impressed with a way to use ribbon. You have taken it out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  64. totally sweet..love love this idea soooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. So cute, love the wreath and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love all the great ideas shared here! You all are fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  67. these projects are wonderful.love the headband idea.

    ReplyDelete
  68. What funky ideas, gets my creative juices flowing. Thanks for sharing tuts.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the Ribbon Wreath and the headband! Thanks for sharing and getting me started to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Great ideas! I love the ribbon flowers, they make me smile! Thanks for all the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love the wreath - picturing it in Christmas ribbons as gifts - sure to make my coworkers very happy = THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  72. The wreath is so cute, and I love the colours. I wish my hair was long enough to need a headband... those rosettes on the headband are sweet, and I would to learn how to make the rosettes (with my busy schedule this week, I probably missed how to make them).

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great projects, there are so many wonderful things to be done with both companies products and combined, the sky is the limit!!! Thanks to all for making our jobs easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I always love those ribbon wreaths when I see one. Winning those ribbons just might be the motivation I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  75. those rosettes on the hair holder makes me want to have a little girl to craft with and dress lol. Oh well maybe i'll have a granddaughter soon My son turns 21 on the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Great projects, what an amazing design team.

    ReplyDelete
  77. The head band is so cute! Time to make me some flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  78. Stupendous wreath, that is just awesome!!! Great products begets great creations!!
    Thanks Gluearts for great product!

    ReplyDelete
  79. What a great time of the year to show so many projects. And, better yet, to give away fantastic supplies we can all use

    ReplyDelete
  80. projectos maravilhosos, que nos fazem sonhar, e vontade de fazer coisinhas lindas... parabens

    ReplyDelete
  81. Love all the ideas. So many great pictures, wish I had the time to make them all. Keep the ideas coming. You can never have enough ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete