because it's time to show you what we have in store for you today!!!
Designer's Jessica Barnett and Cheri Wenger show us how you can use Echo Park Paper's Happy Halloween collection for your home decor and how to preserve your memories through yes...a Trick or Treat scrapbook page!
Here's the details ...
Designer: Jessica Barnett
Supplies: Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac refill Glue Arts U-Cut It foam adhesive Echo Park Happy Halloween collection 4-5 yards of 2” wide black ribbon Broom Wooden letters for BOO Staple gun and staples Buttons Embroidery thread and needle Black paint and brush Black pen Scissors Craft knife Sandpaper Pencil Instructions: 1. Use the black paint to paint the edges of the letters and allow to dry. 2. Trace the letters onto the wrong side of the papers with the pencil and cut out using the scissors and craft knife. 3. Attach papers to the letters using the Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac refill. Sand the edges to get a smooth finish. 4. Add the sticker to the letter B and trace with a black pen. For the other letters, attach the stickers to scraps of paper, then cut out and attach to the letters using Glue Arts U-Cut It foam adhesive. 5. Tie the embroidery floss through the centers of all the buttons. Attach buttons to the letters using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares. 6. Fold one-yard pieces of the ribbon in half, and staple the center of the fold to the backs of the letters. Tie the ribbon into knots , then staple through the knots to the broom. Tie a second knot and trim the ribbon ends. Attach a button to each knot with Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares. 7. Tie a bow around the broom bristles and trim the ends of the ribbon.
Trick or Treat Layout
Designer: Cheri Wenger
Glue Arts Extreme Mini Adhesive Squares and the Glue Glider™ Pro with High Tac & repositionable adhesive cartridges
Cardstock Kit: (Echo Park) Happy Halloween Collection
Papers used: Happy Haunting (reverse side green diamonds); Haunted House; Magic Stripes; Spooky Dots (reverse side multi colored polka dots) and Halloween Border Strip
Other Kit items used: Element and Alpha Stickers
Solid Cardstock: (Stampin’ Up!®) Whisper White and (The Paper Company) Pumpkin solid from Naturals Fashion Color Asstmt.
Cutting Tools: (fiskars)_ Paper Trimmer and scissors
Markers: Black sharpie marker
Embellishments: (Lion Brand Yarn) Black Fun Fur
1. Trim 12 x 12 Large polka dot cardstock (CS) 1-1/2" from outer edges to create a frame. Remove middle for use on other project. This not only conserves paper, but will also lessen the thickness and bulkiness of your layout.
2. Trim striped CS to 11" w x 11-1/8" h. Using your Glue Glider™ Pro (Pro) apply high tac adhesive around back edges as well as to the edges surrounding the window opening of the polka dot frame. Layer your striped CS on top of frame using same adhesive.
3. Cut 9-3/8" square from green diamond patterned CS (reverse side of Happy Haunting 12 x 12 cardstock. This will leave you with the scallop edge paper for use on another layout. Using your Pro, add this layer 1" down from top of striped CS.
4. Trim mat on bordered photo or mount your photo onto white CS and attach to top left hand corner of green patterned paper (PP). Using elements from the Alpha and Element Sticker sheets, attach Trick-or-Treat title, Haunted House, bat and letters spelling "our house 2009" (or the year that you are working on).
5. Trim a row of 12 houses from the Haunted House sheet using any of the colors you like. Mount 1/8" from bottom left hand corner of green PP.
6. Cut orange polka dot strip from border strip sheet and flip over to reveal purple diagonal stripe pattern. Attach vertically to right of green PP using Pro and high tac.
7. Place 2 x 3" print to align with bottom of striped CS and right edge of purple strip. DO NOT GLUE DOWN YET! Attach spider on top of photo hanging of right edge. Draw black line off edge of photo and up the purple strip to make it look like the spider is dangling down the page. Remove photo, apply adhesive to back and attach to layout. Add Oct. 31st circle sticker to top of strip by haunted house.
8. Use your graphics program or word processing program to layout journaling text no wider than 6-3/4" x 1-3/4". I used the font Scribish and added extra spaces between each word so I would have space to slice between the words (as shown).
TIP: CREATING HIGHLIGHTED TEXT IN A FLASH
To create journaling in multiple colors so that some words look highlighted, set up text and rotate vertically. I usually duplicate it again for each color in case I make a cutting error. Repeat these two on the right side of your sheet or bottom of your sheet, if not rotating. Cut your cardstock in half and using your repositionable cartridge, attach the colored CS on top of the white. Place this in the sheet feeder of your printer when printing out your journaling. Remove colored CS from white sheet and rub adhesive off back side with your fingers and toss it out. Trim journaling into 3 strips as even as possible using your paper trimmer. Do this for each color. Cut apart the words.
9. Position journaling on your layout and swap out white words for colored words you want to accent. Permanently attach by removing one word at a time and adding extreme micro adhesive squares to the back. Attach type to layout until journaling is complete. Note: you will have to add in an apostrophe to the word don't by hand.
10. Remove adhesive spider web sticker from sheet and trim at a 90 degree angle and attach to left hand corner of top photo as shown.
11. Bend 15 inch piece of fun into thirds and knot into a bow. Cut ends and bended corners off. Attach rolled mini adhesive squares to back side of knot and attach slightly above spider web for fuzzy texture and to create a faux spider effect.
Have fun duplicating this easy to create Halloween layout!
Designer: Jessica Barnett
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac refill
Echo Park Happy Halloween collection
Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circle die
Black chalk ink
Bone folder and scoring board
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun
1. Use the ruler to measure the height of the two rings on the basket. Cut two strips from two different patterned papers that are 12 inches long and are a little less tall than the measurement.
2. Ink the edges of the papers with the chalk ink, then attach them to the basket using the Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac refill. Use small Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive squares on the ends for an extra secure hold.
3. Cut two strips from a third color of paper that are 12 by 1.5 inches. Score every half inch, and accordion fold. Ink the edges and creases with chalk ink. Trim the ends of the folds at an angle to get the points. Attach the ends to each other with the Glue Glider Pro and Perma Tac refill. Shape into a circle and attach to a scrap circle of paper using the hot glue gun.
4. Cut out a scalloped circle with the Nestabilities dies that is just larger than the Oct. 31 sticker and ink the edges. Attach the sticker to the center and use Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares to attach to the piece made in step 3, then attach the piece to the front of the basket with the hot glue gun.
Would you like to win the Echo Park Paper Happy Halloween line AND a Glue Glider Pro so that you can make these projects? Then leave a comment and we'll pick a random winner from this week's comments to win a Glue Glider Pro, refill of your choice, our New 3D Combo Pac and yes there's more...our New Extreme Adhesive Squares. Now that's one spooktacular prize!!!
As mentioned all month long we're honoring October being National Breast Cancer Awareness month we will be celebrating with specials for you all month long. Last Friday we kicked off our specials that will run all month long. Simply place an order today through this Thursday and you'll receive 15% off all of our Extreme Adhesive products (using code BCD15) and FREE SHIPPING!! Plus Glue Arts will donate an additional 5% of your order sale to the Susan G Komen Foundation. Each week we'll highlight a new product for you to purchase at this specials savings.
And we'll tuck into every order a special Glue Arts Car Accent Breast Cancer Ribbon! We're all Pros for the Cure!!