Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Bit of Holiday Cheer ...

On a crisp fall day!

You can almost smell the pine needles,cinnamon and hot chocolate!!

Today is our final day of our Hero Arts week!

We have thoroughly enjoyed the week and hope you have as well!!

Designers Lesley Langdon and Michelle Lanning will have you itching to start decorating for the upcoming holiday season. It is after all 63 Days and 15 Hours until Christmas!





Coffee Filter Embellishments

Designer: Lelsey Landgon
Designer Intro:
Coffee filters are perfect for embellishing, misting, and stamping, and they are inexpensive. I love all things distressed and vintage, so I tried to create vintage inspired Christmas embellishments by using a staple in my supplies - VINTAGE PHOTO DISTRESS INK by Ranger and HERO ARTS STAMPS.


Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro (Perma Tac Adhesive),Stamps: Hero Arts (Stunning Snowflakes, Circle Design)
Ink: Ranger Distress Inks (Winter Pine, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo), Vintage Photo Reinker
Mists: Shimmerz Paints (Mud Pie Spritz, Olive Branch Spritz)
Other: 3 Coffee Filters, Ranger Mini Mister, Water

Instructions:
1. Wet coffee filters with water, place on cardboard (or other).
2. Spray 2 with Mud Pie Spritz and a spritz of Vintage Photo Distress Ink (reinker mixed in a mini mister with water). Spray other with Olive Branch Spritz. Let dry.
3. With Winter Pine Distress Ink (or similar), stamp CIRCLE DESIGN from Hero Arts onto the green filter, repeat until you achieve the look you want. 
4. With Walnut Stain Distress Ink, stamp Stunning Snowflakes backgrounder onto brown filters. Repeat until covered.
5. Scrunch filters in the middle until desired size. Adhere brown filters together for a layered embellishment with Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac Adhesive or Extreme Adhesive Squares.











Christmas Tree Embellishments
Designer: Lesley Langon

Designer Info:
 I loved this set from Hero Arts called Merry Christmas Trees so much, that I went back 4 years and tracked down photos of "Christmas Trees Past", dating back as far as I could go digitally. To dress them up on my layout, I stamped them on white paper, colored them with Copic Markers, inked around the edges and applied Glossy Accents to make them shine.

Supplies:
Glue Arts: U-Cut-It Foam
Stamps: Hero Arts (Merry Christmas Trees)
Markers: Copic
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
Other: Glossy Accents and Cut n' Dry Foam by Ranger
Paper: Prism Simply Smooth
Instructions:
1. Stamp 3 HERO ARTS Christmas trees onto white paper.
2. Color with 3 shades of green, light first, then middle shade on the edges, then the darkest shade on the left edge. Be sure to saturate paper with the markers. Use the colorless blender in the middle of the tree to "push color" to the sides.
3. Apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink with Cut n' Dry Foam on edges.
4. Coat trees with Glossy Accents. Let Dry.
5. Adhere to layout with Glue Arts U-Cut-It Foam.




Christmas Card Set
Designer: Michelle Lanning

Supplies:

Glue Arts adhesives- UCutIt foam tape, Perma Tac
Stamps- Hero Arts


ink- Stazon, Colorbox
cardstock- white, red, yellow, green
Embossing Pwder - Martha Stewart, American Crafts
Bling - Pink Paislee

Instructions:

1. Cut standard card (3 of them)
2. On a separate piece of cardstock, stamp the tree image. Do this 3x's
3. With a blender, blend red, yellow, and green into the corners of the cardstock.
4. With your red, yellow, and green cardstock, use embossing ink to stamp the snowflakes.
5. Using corresponding embossing powder, heat and let set.
6. Adhere the stamped tree (that is trimmed very close to its size) to a corresponding piece of cardstock.
7. Next adhere these two pieces to the center of the card.
8. I then inked the edges in a matching color.
9. To finish it off I added bling, again in a corresponding color.



Christmas Banner
Designer: Michelle Lanning


Stamps- Hero Arts
ink- Stazon
cardstock- Kraft, green, red
Embossing Pwder - Martha Stewart, American Crafts
Glitter - Martha Stewart
Glue Arts adhesives- UCutIt foam tape, Perma Tac


Instructions.

1. I started by stamping the doily image repeatedly on a kraft piece of paper.
2. Next, I cut around each stamped doily and then cut the doily in half.
3. For the red and green scalloped circles, I used my cricut to cut an entire sheet of circles (you wont need that many) in both red and green.
4. Next, I took the snowflake stamp with embossing ink and the corresponding colored powder. Heat and let set.
5. I then cut those circles in half.
6. Using my sewing machine I simple ran a single stitch through the edges of the circles. Make sure to leave a bit of space between each of the circles so that your garland is not stiff.
7. There When I finished sewing them I punched out some stars onto white cardstock. I added glitter to make them all sparkly.
8. That's it! Really easy and I can't wait to use it this Christmas. But really you could make this for any season.






You Brighten My Day Card
Designer: Jessica Witty


A special note of thanks to Jessica....she's one talented lady. Jessica is also stepping down from the Glue Arts Team. We  wish her all the best and invite you to follow her on her blog!! All the best to you Jessica!!! 

Supplies:
Adhesive - Extreme Micro Adhesive Squares (Glue Arts)
Stamps - Bold Blossoms & Big Hugs (Hero Arts)
Cardstock -  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko)
Embossing Powder - Zing in Powder and Mustard (American Crafts); Detail White (Stampin' Up)
Scalloped Die - (Papertrey Ink)
Buttons - Girls' Paperie, Papertrey Ink
Instructions:
1. Make 4.25 x 5.5" card from soft stone cardstock.  Die cut right edge.
2. Rub card with anti-static sheet.  Stamp small blossom in versamark 6 times.  Emboss using white embossing powder.
3. Stamp blossom one more time and emboss using blue powder.
4. Stamp sentiment and emboss using mustard powder.
5. Glue buttons to card using Micro Adhesive Squares.


Hard to believe this amazing week with Hero Arts is coming to a close! Our sincere thanks to Hero Arts in helping coordinate this week with us!! We hope to do this again!!


We're certain our Designers projects will definitely keep you busy this fall with ideas and instructions to help you recreate these for yourself! As we close out this week the saying once again proves true...all good things must come to an end. However the end...means someone is going to take home this beautiful prize...along with a selection of Glue Arts products!! Leave us a comment today...we'll pick a random winner from this week's comments to enjoy this wonderful prize! Tune in Monday to see if it's you!!!



For those new to Glue Arts...all month long we're honoring October being National Breast Cancer Awareness month we will be celebrating with specials for you all month long. This week's specials are for... 

the Glue Glider Pro and all the Adhesive Cartridges for the Pro!!!!!!!!!! (We know you've been waiting for this sale!!) Simply place an order today and you'll receive 15% off our Glue Glider Pro and any of the Glue Glider Pro Adhesive cartridges!! (using code BCD15) and you'll also receive FREE SHIPPING!! Plus Glue Arts will donate an additional 5% of your order sale to the Susan G Komen Foundation. Each week we'll highlight a new product for you to purchase at this specials savings.


And we'll tuck into every order a special Glue Arts Car Accent Breast Cancer Ribbon! We're all Pros for the Cure!!

Thanks again for joining us this week!!!

82 comments:

  1. Love the use of the coffee filters! I've got plenty of those and will be trying out your technique! I've really enjoyed this week with all the great projects. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Michelle's pretty Christmas tree cards and creative doily banner!
    Thanks for a great week - I've loved seeing what your designers have created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love the coffee filter idea! I think I need to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all the projects..so cool and such an inspirational work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative projects today! I especially liked the card...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these projects! The Christmas Tree cards and the LO using coffee filters are fabulous! What a fun week! Thank you for a chance to win some goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the projects! I have never tried the coffee filters yet. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the projects are just amazing and so inspiring. I've really enjoyed all the creative and inspiring MOJO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of the "you brighten my day card". Thanks for your great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great coffee filter project!
    Great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a great week. Each day I couldn't wait to come to Glue Arts Blog! So sad that it is over today. Always love ideas that use items I already have around the house like coffee filters. Thanks for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been a great week of wonderful ideas! And I discovered this blog through your teaming up with Hero Arts. I hope you can do it again sometime!!!! I'll definitely be checking back here to see what's going on with your creative designers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous projects! Love the Christmas card set by Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This week has been so much fun. I've really enjoyed the projects your team has shown us. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat idea with the coffee filters! I got a glue glider a few months ago - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout and great use of things around the home! love the ideas- keep them coming1

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the coffee filter idea!! What FUN projects!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat idea with coffee filters. The trees are really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have so enjoyed this weeks tips and ideas. Thanks Ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such wonderful projects this week. love the coffee filter idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the coffee filter idea because I love using ordinary things in unusual ways. Great idea!
    It has been a pleasure learning about Glue Arts.
    margaret
    margaretart@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coffee filters!! Never would have thought of it, and I have so many old ones I never use. Love the Christmas trees, too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. while I love all the projects, the trio of Christmas tree cards is my favorite. Love that Tree Stamp, Love the Glue Glider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Amazing projects! I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very creative projects today...LOVE them. What a fun and inspiring week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the projects today... The coffee filter embellishments are wonderful. And the tree cards are so nice :) .

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those coffee filters, I am for sure going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those trees gals and the layout you created is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic idea for the use of the coffee filters. I loved all the projects as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for a great week of great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  31. you havfe so many creataive ideas!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  32. love those trees and the rest of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the three cards with the trees and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a week of fun and inspiration! So glad I found your blog through Hero Arts! What a great team you have made:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the cards!! Thanks for a great week of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The coffee filters and the Christmas tree ideas are adorable. Thanks for sharing this week. Lot's of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Glad you got to play with Hero Arts this week and I got to find you..... lovely projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the filter idea and the projects are all so gorgeous! Sorry to see the week with Hero Arts end. It's been a lot of fun seeing all of the great projects. Thanks Glue Arst and Hero Arts for all of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love it all! I especially love the lO with the trees and the round fold banner..

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the banner! I totally plan to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the coffee filter use - the trees are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I want to try that coffee filter ! Wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful LO for those Christmas tree photos! It's so inspiring too. I have plenty shots of my trimmed tree, and I never know what to do with them. Now I do...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you so much for this week. I love those little trees, what a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What great ideas! It has been so fun seeing the creative juices flow!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the coffee filters and trees, the lovely tree layout and the tree cards!!! Beautiful and very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  47. A cornucopia of gorgeous inspiration.thank you for such a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love them and the coffee filter one oh I have to try this one.. thanks for such great projects..
    got to get working..

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great LO with the trees! thanks for the chance to win some fab goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fabulous projects today! Those coffee filter embellishments are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I like all the projects but the coffee filter embellishments were different. I am going to try that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  52. More great projects! I love Glue Arts and Hero Arts together! Fun week!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love today's projects and touches like the coffee filters and trees! Thank you for an awesome week! I have enjoyed seeing all the great projects the designers have created!

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow, great ideas ladies...love the banner, the card, the coffee filters, well all of it really! love that you and hero arts teamed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love the banners, they're just great!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the ideas! Those tree cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm amazed and inspired by all the wonderful projects on this blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the coffee filter layout. It looks fabulous (and imagine snowflakes cut with it and inked!?)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great idea with the coffee filters. Great week. Thanks.

    stamp on...

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a creative way with the coffee filter! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I LOVE this idea with the coffee filters! They look awesome! So Creative, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a great idea to use coffee filters--this is AWESOME! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love the coffee filter technique... can't wait to try that out!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Fantastic projects! I love the one with coffee filters most, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  65. WOW! Those projects are awesome! Love the coffee filter idea!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the coffee filter embellishments! Going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh - great projects! Thanks for the inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  68. OMGosh! These are all so lovely and SO doable! Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Totally adorable projects, I have really enojyed Hero Arts week.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow! What a great projects and inspiration! Fabulous and thanks for the great sharing with Hero Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  71. The Christmas tree cards are gorgeous...I guess I better get started! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Great projects! I have loved seeing everything this week, thanks for sharing!

    Carol B

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great creations!! Unique use of coffee filters.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Amazing projects as always!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the projects...especially the coffee filters. I'll have to give those a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the variety of projects here! The dimension on the "Christmas Trees Past" layout is amazing. And I have been so into making banners lately - I better get started on a few for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Such wonderful projects this week!

    ReplyDelete
  78. All the projects are great!
    I especially love the chipboard BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Everything is super great and beautiful. So love that page layout with the trees. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love all of the Christmas cards. An idea that I would like to follow through with this year is to make a different card for everyone. Lots of good ideas. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete