Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fabric Gift Box!

Today's craft from Designer Jenn Ellefson highlights our newest product to join the Glue Arts lineup!

Our new Fabric Bond!

Fabric Bond is the newest adhesive added to our Glue Glider Pro products. Fabric Bond offers a heat-activated iron-on adhesive that bond permanently to most fabrics.

Fabric Bond makes it easy to create hems, seams, applique and apply lace, trim or ribbons to most fabrics!

Anotherwords...it's a must have product for the crafter, sewer and well even those for non-sewers too!!

Tutorial shows just how quick and simple it is to create your own gift box and decorate it using our Glue Glider system and adhesives!











Fabric Box
Designer: Jenn Ellefson

Fabric Bond Cartridge, Glue Glider Pro, Ribbon Adhesive, Mini Adhesive Squares
Die: Scoreboard (Box with Lid) by Sizzix
Other: fabric, matboard, ribbon roses (craft supplies)

Instructions:


1. Cover a piece of matboard (6 by 12) with fabric using your Fabric Bond adhesive to adhere. Iron to set permanent bond. Use a rotary cutter to trim off excess fabric.
2. Die a box using a die designed for cutting matboard. (This is the Sizzix Scoreboard Box with Lid). Or decorate and cover one you have on hand or have purchased. 
3. Use ribbon adhesive on coordinated twill to wrap around the outside of the box. (this will help hold it together.)
4. Embellish using Mini Adhesive Squares and ribbon roses. 

Thanks to everyone who took a moment to leave us a comment last week for our Summer themed projects. Our winner of the 3D Combo Pack and a Glue Glider is...


Amy said...




My favorite part of summer are the lazy days at the beach or the picnics in the park. I also enjoy the time I get to spend in my vegetable garden tending to the plants.
August 9, 2010 12:23 PM 


Congrats to you Amy! Would you please send your contact information to Gluegirl@gluearts.com. We'll get your goodies mailed on out to you just as soon as we hear from you!

And to help continue the fun let's offer a new giveaway this week...because we love to giveaway Glue Arts products!

Leave us a comment about today's project or perhaps one you envision using our Fabric Bond on. We'll pick a winner at the end of the week to win a Glue Glider Pro and our new Fabric Bond cartridge!!!

See you Wednesday for more fun, creative ways on how to use our Fabric Bond!

27 comments:

  1. I'm going to make a dog bed. I know this sounds odd, but my dogs generally chew and rip the corners of the beds that I buy them in the store. Then I realized, I could just make them a dog bed for a lot cheaper and a lot faster if I used the fabric bond. My husband thought it was a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't laugh at me...but I think I would like to try this to hem school uniforms...lol. As far as the craft room...I have been wanting to try some fabric flowers for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box!!! Most likely, I would use the fabric bond to hem things; i hate to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful box...I guess as soon as I seen the product I thought back to my children s scouting days. I always used a fabric bond to hold on the badges before I could sew them on. I was always mending hems in their uniforms. Love products like these that save me time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like a wonderful way to incorporate mini quilt designs into cards, or even on layouts, without the hassle of stitching. Even a great shortcut for home decor - there are so many awesome fabrics available, not to mention scraps from my quilt stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love that Glue Arts is making a product like this now! I can't wait to get my hands on some at my LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will open up a lot of things to do. I would like to make a fabric book if my daughter has a baby doing IVF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The box is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute project! I would love to try out the the fabric bond on fabric and canvas project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely little box!! I would use this adhesive to adhere ribbons to my projects because I haven't fond an adhesive that holds them on well.

    Thanks so much for picking me as a winner in your giveaway!! I have sent you an email with my info.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't sew, so a permanent fabric glue would let me craft with the adorable Cosmo Cricket fabric I have been coveting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The box is gorgeous, I'd love to make some for teacher's gifts. I'm also thinking of making a wall hanging & using the fabric bond to adhere everything to it. I think the fabric bond will come in very handy for all kinds of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful box. I can't wait to try some of this. All your new releases are genius!
    the.k.krew(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great new project I can see me using this in so many different ways. I love the box you made with it, just lovely! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project, could be used for so many things.
    Just wondering - would this product be good for taking up pants that are too long? If so I am in despirate need lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this beautiful box! I would use the Fabric Bond in so many ways especially for home decor items and altered projects. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm wondering how Fabric Bond would work on Halloween costumes....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would definitely use this to hem the kids' pants! I hate sewing, couldn't do it to save my life. This would come in VERY handy! Love the beautiful box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can think of a lot of things this would be good for!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, this is perfect! I don't sew so I know that this would come in handy all over the place. I'd really like to make some curtains for my brand new scraproom and I think the Fabric Bond would be PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welllll, since you asked!...Seems like many paper craft lines are branching out into material and fabric embellies, I can see that I will soon need an adhesive that will work for that. I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i have few metres of fabric waiting for me to cover up some boxes and for some altered empty cans stationery holder. Love to win this fabric glue.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love what you did with the ScoreBoard box, Jenn! This adhesive sounds great and I would like to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like an adhesive I could have lots of fun with.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OmGoodness....that is a BEAUTIFUL box!! I love it! I make boutique style hairbows for my daughter, and would love to make matching T-shirts...but I do not sew...so fabric bond would be simply IDEAL for it! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get some of that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabric bond sounds terrific!! Love the box project you shared with us also!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely loved to do altered projects with paper and fabric. The fabric bond sounds very useful!

    ReplyDelete