Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Glue Arts New Car Accents!!

That's right!

This week on the blog we're all about our newest product... Car Accents!

Have you heard about Car Accents?

Well let us tell you a bit about them. Car Accents are sheets of adhesive backed removable vinyl that come in 8 amazing colors! WhiteOut, BlackOut, Razzle Dazzle Red, Goin' Green, Wild Blue Yonder, Plum Crazy, Sterling Silver and Tickle Me Pink.

These temporary, removable adhesive-backed, vinyl decor sheets are perfect for any on the go designer. You can use the Car Accents for your car of course, but Car Accents are perfect for your boat, home, RV, motorcycle,truck, house, windows, walls, mirrors and more! You name it...Car Accents can decorate it!

You can use a diecut system to cut out the shapes and words or hand cut your own designs! It's completely up to you!!

All this week we will be sharing all sorts of fun ways to use our Car Accents! Kicking it off...we have two creative ways to dress up your car AND your boat!!



Butterfly Accent
Designer: Kristen Swain

Supplies:

Car Accents Plum Crazy, Wild Blue Yonder and WhiteOut
Cricut Diecut Machine
Cricut Accent Essentials and Indy Art Cartridges.




Boat name decal
Designer: Sherry Wright

Supplies:


Glue Arts Car Accents (removable adhesive-backed vinyl decor sheets) in:
Wild Blue Yonder
Sterling Silver
Scissors
Sharpie (black)

Directions:
1. Begin by selecting your image. For this I printed out a shark from an on-line free coloring book image site.
2. I cut out the image and traced the outside body shape onto blue vinyl and cut out.
3. Next cut out individual parts (teeth, eye ect..) and cut out using coordinating vinyl.
4. Piece everything together by removing backing and adhering teeth, eye ect..
5. Outline and add black details with Sharpie.
6. For letters either trace and cut out or use die cut machine.
7. Once you have everything together clean window surface and adhere as shown.

** Great for any boat decals including names and ID numbers.


So tell us what do you think about Car Accents? What would you like to use Car Accents for in and around your home? Leave us a comment today and we will pick a random winner Friday who will receive an assortment of our new Car Accents!!

See you Wednesday with more ideas on how to use our Car Accents!

47 comments:

  1. I would love to play around with these on my car, i have some already on my car but would love to change them out and put new ones on!!! These are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that I can give my car a temporary tattoo!!! What a great way to glam up my mini van!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the car accents. I would love to see some music accents. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them will the withstand washings??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is EXACTLY what I need to put my company logo on my car. LOVE what my good friend Kris Swain did with the butterflies. She's amazing, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool. I can't wait to get some and make my own stick figure people for the members of my family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome new product! I'd use it to put a quote on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boat accent! It is like tattoos for cars! This would be great on special occasions such as just married and graduation. A little more pulled together than the window paints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I have been wanting something like this for a youth choir/drama team I direct! Every year we go on tour and use the church vans. We were thinking how cool it it would be if we could put our team name on the vehicles we drive!
    I am so excited for this product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic idea! I would use them to decorate my son's windows in a tropical reef theme. Then when he wants trains or something not problem just do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so fun. Can I use my Silhouette to cut it? I'd love to make some to match the theme of my kid's room and let them put them on their windows. This would be great for when the local BB team goes to state again this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to use these to make my car really mine (so it wouldn't look like the zillion other ones in the parking lot). I can also see using this in my home and on my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff! Love the decals on the car and the shark is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I love these, I can just imagine how funky I could make my car with these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so much fun! I need to let all the silly boys out there that trucks are for girls with a fun decal on my truck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh - how fun! I want to do this to my car so badly! I'd also like to use this for my windows during holidays - and I might even put some on my china cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to decorate my car with these! My hubby vetoed anything Tinkerbell, but I need something! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fantastic idea! I'd love to personalize my vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, that looks like fun! Could definately put my "stamp" on things besides cards and pages!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute
    Awesome
    Removable

    Art
    Cool
    Creative
    Eeasy
    Nice
    Terrific
    Super

    would love to use these to make butterflies for my glass doors at home to stop people walking into them

    Cheers
    Naomi

    naomi80@wideband.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. This product looks amazing! I will definitely give it a try.

    Carol B

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEAH!!!!!! I was getting ready to use cricut vinyl....and I knew that would not hold up.

    When is it available? How can I get some????

    Can not wait!

    Thanks!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. two things come straight to mind. On mirrors in myy home and on the kids windows in the car.(it might keep themquiet for a little while.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look like they would be so much fun. I would love to use them on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too freaking cool! My mind is racing with ideas already. I can use some of this to help turn hubby's lawnmower into "Tater" from Cars.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really cool! And I love the fact you don't need to use your Cricut to cut out an image, as Sherry did with the shark decal for her boat. Great product!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool! I can envision using these for so many things. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is AMAZING! LOVE IT! Can't wait to get these!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the idea of the mail box thanks for sharing that.

    Debbie

    But how much is it

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have so many ideas for these. Can't wait to get some

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so cool! They would be perfect for tailgate parties and also parades! I would use them for my son's annual football parades!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the car accents!! The first thing I would use them for is my front storm door! It is full length glass and perfect for this!! Next! I would use them on my back window of the van..and even sneak one on hubbies motorcycle!!! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great idea!! I knew I loved Glue Arts but you guys prove it more each time

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a AWESOME idea! I sure would love to do this on my van. Can't decide what one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My husband and his friends are pilots. One owns a small private airport. They have been looking to decorate the planes and put the N#s on them-YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. nettenette1020@aol.comJuly 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM

    These look awesome. I have used vinyl before but it does not stick. Looking for something with adhesive and you have it!! Hubby has a job to do at a local diner and needs to put the diners name on their sign up high. Needs to be waterproof and kinda fade proof. Going to get some now!! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is great. You could replace the shaving cream and write just married in car accents. You could make christmas decorations for your car. You could put graduation decorations on your friend's car. Wish someone a happy birthday. Oh, I have so many ideas. Does it stick to a fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  38. awesome giveaway... these would make great gifts for people as well or even just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Would definitely use to decorate my scrapshack, along with my laptop and cricut machines....amongst other things. Love these and all of glue arts products.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just curious how this vinyl differs from the vinyl you can buy at the craft store. Could you let me know?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete